Auto Arm loop

Re: Auto Arm loop

champson
 I checked the battery and it is installed correctly.  I also pulled the power and left it for 5 minutes, and when powered back up it had kept all my configuration, so it does seem to be working OK just not measured properly for some reason.

Re: Auto Arm loop

vysocan
Administrator
If you have pulled AC and also main battery, and still config is kept after 5 minutes. Then the battery is fine as well as RTC and Backup SRAM.
Why it is not measuring I have no idea, it is internall logic of MCU. You can checked in zone thread.

Re: Auto Arm loop

vysocan
Administrator
I've double checked and noticed that TSVREFE  bit should be disabled for F437 to measure Vbat. Pushed new commit, it may help.

Re: Auto Arm loop

vysocan
Administrator
Uff, there are more mistakes in this part, since F437 has build in 1/4 divider instead of 1/2 divider in F407/F417.
I wonder what my gateway measure :) really. There is slight voltage drop on the schottky protection diode, which correspond to my real battery voltage measured and the voltage on web.

I've pushed some changes but have test it also on my side.

Re: Auto Arm loop

vysocan
Administrator
Hello, Charles.

So the mistakes in code were only in thresholds for sending RTC battery state message, and displaying 0.00 for under 1V. I've corrected those. For me, my gateway still show battery voltage as before.

Can you check on your side?

Re: Auto Arm loop

champson
Hi Adam,  I will check load the new image and check.  I have been thinking a bit about this and planned to take the case apart and remove the PCB for some more detailed testing.
I will let you know about the new image.

Re: Auto Arm loop

vysocan
Administrator
You can ceck if the voltage go to the MCU pin VBAT with multimeter, there is near by capacitor.. But if you unplugged AC and main battery, and still the configuration is kept, then all on PCB is fine, no need to check.
Rest is inside MCU.

Re: Auto Arm loop

champson
Hi Adam,  I just updated to the new image.  RTC battery now shows 1.4v  which is strange.  I will do more investigtion later on, as you recommended.

Re: Auto Arm loop

vysocan
Administrator
OK doing some other coding and now I have also:
RTC battery 1.37 V.
Need to read the datasheet properly how to check the VBAT.

Re: Auto Arm loop

champson
Great 😊 I was just about to take everything apart to investigate further, but I will wait to see what you find.

Re: Auto Arm loop

vysocan
Administrator
 There's not to much more in the datasheet. However I found that measuring internal temperature requires more sampling time. Now the ADC IN18 is shared between Vbat  and temp. So I've increased the sample time to max for Vbat. Now it shows for me back reasonable voltage:
RTC battery 2.77 V
Pushed new commit, you may try on your side.

Re: Auto Arm loop

champson
I just upgraded and knew it was fixed as I received a text message 'System RTC battery OK' straight away.

Re: Auto Arm loop

vysocan
Administrator
Nice.
Still it is little lower the it should be I guess . Mine shows 2.78 while battery is 2.96, and after diode 2.94. But I guess good for now. Important is to know when it is dead.

FIY, battery state is saved with configuration. Alert should go on/off only when there is a change.
12