Enhancement request - SMTP server configuration

Enhancement request - SMTP server configuration

SteveG
The SMTP server IP and Port are currently 'hard coding' in the Gateway sketch, would it be possible to make these configurable items?

Re: Enhancement request - SMTP server configuration

vysocan
Administrator
Hello Steve,

I guess it should not be a problem. Is there a reason you do not like the smtp2go service?

Re: Enhancement request - SMTP server configuration

SteveG
A couple of reasons; smtp2go doesn't support my email domain (@msn.com) and also it's a pay service and I already have access to a SMTP server provided by my ISP.

Re: Enhancement request - SMTP server configuration

vysocan
Administrator
Smtp2go has actually a free service for up to 1000 emails per month, and is very reliable. Not sure about @msn.com, but I think they should not care to much about it. Can you explain more?

Does your ISP provide also Base64 encoded login like smtp2go?

Re: Enhancement request - SMTP server configuration

SteveG
SMTP2Go gives me the following error for my @msn.com email: "Email addresses from that provider are not accepted for your email. Code: 6" however I've successfully registered with my Gmail address and that is now working.

Re: Enhancement request - SMTP server configuration

vysocan
Administrator
I've looked at smtp2go, and I think it is rather problem that msn.com is not accepted as source. For possible spam reasons I guess. But OK, as your gmail account works, all is fine. I also use gmail for my private mails.