Ethernet constantly restarting in 1.7.6.0

Ethernet constantly restarting in 1.7.6.0

floodland
Hello,

I am having a problem where the ethernet on my gateway goes down constantly and the gateway becomes unreachable for a short time then comes back.  I get a "This page is not working" or unreachable error.

I have swapped the cable and the port on the switch and see no difference.  IP address is static.

-Eth. down, state: -2, restarted
-Eth. down, state: -2, restarted
-Eth. down, state: -2, restarted
-Eth. down, state: -2, restarted
-Eth. down, state: -2, restarted
-Eth. down, state: -2, restarted
-Eth. down, state: -2, restarted
-Eth. down, state: -2, restarted
-Eth. down, state: -2, restarted
-Eth. down, state: -2, restarted
-Eth. down, state: -2, restarted
-Eth. down, state: -2, restarted
-Eth. down, state: -2, restarted
-Eth. down, state: -2, restarted
-Eth. down, state: -2, restarted
-Eth. down, state: -2, restarted
-Eth. down, state: -2, restarted

Re: Ethernet constantly restarting in 1.7.6.0

vysocan
Administrator
Hello,

first shot is MQTT server. Do you have it running in your network? And is it properly configured in OHS? It is normal behavior of OHS, if it does not find MQTT server it resets its own Ethernet driver periodically.

On web interface, tab Network,  you can check the status and also change the IP and port.

Adam

Re: Ethernet constantly restarting in 1.7.6.0

floodland
Hi Adam,

That was the issue!  Now everything is fine with the ethernet ports.