Gateway 2.0 Project

champson
Just a short description of my setup.  I purchased the Gateway 2.0 and have some microwave movement detectors, various reed switches and vibration sensors I wanted to hook up.  I didn't have an existing control panel as it was a new-build, so I found on old router from work that had a nice metal case, but was otherwise faulty, and repurposed it as my alarm system enclosure.  I also purchased the recommended power supply as I had sealed lead acid battery that I could use with it.
The power supply is bolted to the metal chassis, and the input power connector has the earth connected to the metal case too.  I had to alter the metal work a bit to suit, and added some protective white edging strips to protect the cables.

The various antennnas were mounted on the other side of the case, as shown in the picture.  It's always a good idea to ensure that the nuts are done up nice and tight on these connectors, just to ensure they don't come undone when attaching or removing the antennas.

Rather than bolt the main PCB down to the case, I used these plastic fixing stand-offs which came with double sided tape to mount.  This worked out quite well and made it a lot quicker to mount compared to drilling more holes.
I used the same plastic stand-offs to mount the remote authentication node in a euro socket enslosure, as shown in the attached pictures.

So far the system is working really well, and most importantly the family are using it without any training courses :)
Currently I don't have any sirens attached, and might leave it like this as I quite like the idea of a silent alarm system, which just alerts me via text message.

Re: Gateway 2.0 Project

vysocan
Administrator
Hello Charlie,

quite a nice build

The plastic stand-offs are nice, I have my box full of holes from previous builds.