Separately monitoring more than 8 PIRs?

someuser4509
Sorry for my ignorance, I'm interested in wiring up 14 PIRs and hoping to be able to get specific status data on each (i.e. I'd like to be able to get a notification saying exactly which PIR tripped). Is this possible?

Re: Separately monitoring more than 8 PIRs?

vysocan
Administrator
Hello there, gateway itself has connectors for 12 zones. For PIRs are better only the 8 balanced ones. 4 are for reed switches. So you wound need expander board with additional 8 balanced zones to be covered.

Re: Separately monitoring more than 8 PIRs?

someuser4509
Thanks - do you sell an extender board? I wasn't quite sure from the site, the documentation didn't really cover it, I'm guessing it's an unusual requirement!

Re: Separately monitoring more than 8 PIRs?

vysocan
Administrator
One the begining, I planned extra board, but there was not much interest. I can easily make extender board from normal gateway, by populating just necessary parts. So it will be mostly empty gateway comunicating over RS485 with main gateway. I guess the price would fit 30EUR.

Re: Separately monitoring more than 8 PIRs?

someuser4509
That'd be great - I've placed an order already, so will set that up and wire in 8 PIRs initially and then drop you an e-mail or something when I'm ready if that'd be ok?

Re: Separately monitoring more than 8 PIRs?

vysocan
Administrator
OK, no problem.