info about areas and activation

cbor
Hi, first of all congratulation for your works :)
I would ask if is it possibile using the ibutton to activate only an area.
I'm going to explain:
Supposing I have two areas: perimetral (windows, doors, balcony etc..) and internal (pirs in the rooms).
It would be great if using the iButton I could arm only perimetral, only internal or both,  for example intercepting the pressure time of the iButton.
What do you think about it? Maybe it's possibile and I have not read for that?
Thanks and sorry for my bad english, I'm italian :)

Re: info about areas and activation

vysocan
Administrator
Hello cbor,

thanks :)

Let me explain a bit. Zones(individual PIRs or reed swithes) are joined into elements called Groups. So you can have one perimeter group, and second group for rest of internal PIRs. Normally each group must have at least one, or more, iButton authentication node in order to arm/disarm the whole group. Also the group can be chained in arm and also in disarm chains. That is, if you arm internal group, gateway see the chain and arm your perimeter group automatically. All this is configured in web interface.

Now to your question, iButton code transfer is so fast and happens at predefined protocol speed, so you cannot do something more with it. But I think there are number of way to do what you want.
First, have 2 iButton connected to one node. Easiest to do, but maybe ugly to have two such readers.
Second, to add a switch next to iButton reader to select perimeter group or internal group.
Third, something similar you wrote. By modifying software of iButton node only, you can wait for repeated authentication. So let's say one read of iButton will act as perimeter group. Two subsequent reads withing 2 second period will act as internal group.

The gateway code will not need any changes for any of above. What do you like most? I can help you with the code if you need.

Also, do not worry for your English, I'm also not native speaker (Czech Republic).

Adam

Re: info about areas and activation

cbor
Hi Adam,

It would be nice the third option, better if the ibutton switch can be integrated with 1 or more led which show the group you will activate.

I have no implemented your solution yet. I'm writing a my own code but this morning I saw your project and I found it very interesting.

Do you thing that your code can be used with an arduino mega 2560 and integrated with differents components? For example I have an RFID reader, not an iButton. I have also a keyboard and a display. I have also a SIM900 but separated and all linked on a breadboard by now.

Instead, your project has something that I have not implemented yet,  the rs485 communication, the web server, the email notify and some other.

But I like your project, now I will stude if mine is usable with yours.

Thanks,
Christian

Re: info about areas and activation

vysocan
Administrator
I also guess third option is most nice. Adding more leds to reader is not possible. I buy those. But sure you can do/hack them  yourself.

Good luck with your project, I would be happy if you join and add some components as RFID. It is doable as gateway does not care how you acquire the code. Be it iButton, keyboard or RFID. I like iButtons, they are fast and rigid.

Atmega2560 has not enough RAM to run my code.

Check my gateway it is, I hope, nice and not expensive, ready to use solution.